Friday, April 18, 2008

So I haven't blogged this week

Heres whats new
Since Cole has moved up with the big boys he has been having a
few crashes he is not happy about that but it is part of moving up with
faster guys I think--he usually Doesn't fall----but he fell hard 2 weeks
ago At Honeylake and was ran over by another bike and he brusied his leg
which had tire marks on it but also his ribs but he never stops---he
said to me I think I cracked a rib and had me feel where it felt
cracked---but that was it/he is fine/
besides it doesn't hurt when he rides. ha!
well this last weekend friday night was opening night for
Sacramento Raceway
He took 1st place in a 250 intermediate but did fall in the
Pro division but came in 10th overall in pro!! so he is doing good
but than at Hangtown the AMP/GFI series we have been running
this weekend he crashed big time the worst I
have ever seen---I was video taping he was in 6th place
with 32 bikes going really really fast and going downhill on some whoops and
the bike just got squirelly and actually ejected him off through the air
downhill (he said it felt like he was flying through the air for a long time and Ron said
thats cuz you were) and landed him flat on his back and bent him in
half---everyone in the stands and even the annoucer were like wow!! oh no!! etc
but luckily I always have my binoculars and I could see
that he rolled off the track right away after he landed
(he knows to tuck and roll even if your hurt) so he wouldn't get run
over but he was pretty sore and frustrated (he doesn't like this crashing)
the paramedics drove him back to our area and he sat.--then laid down
well on Monday he said we could go get x-rays and they checked his
sternum, back t-4, and ribs front and back and yes he broke a rib---
actually we think he cracked it 2 weeks ago but finished it off
in this crash---everything else is okay but his back hurts the worse
as it is bruised where his protective brace that he wears to protect his
neck comes down and sits on his back--well it protected his neck but
really gave him a sore upper back. That all happened on
Monday and now it is friday
and he of course feels fine and
is going stir crazy and isn't sore anymore!!!!
My children have no ability to sit still!!
So we actually haven't rode all week amazing huh and no riding this
weekend either but he will race at Sac next friday night!!!

No comments: