Monday, June 13, 2011

Trip to EFY

Stopping for gas on our long driveCole and Kurt
there was so much snow on the mountains--we stayed at my niece Ashley's apartment in Provo and I was able to attend my missionary companion Sally's daughter missionary farewell on Sunday and she is also going to japan on her mission. We of course hit the skate park for some BMX and Cole did a 540 (which is kinda a big deal) and i did not get it on film or a picture of which i have been reminded alot. Then I got to visit Sally's family and also went to see Shara Pack and Sherry Shepherd.

Early Monday morning---ready for EFY all checked in

no pics of new clothes this year just the shoes!!

Cole and Kurt the roommate pic I left them pretty early only to discover that the BYU bookstore and most of the food court were not open because it was a holiday--so I went back and took them to fast food--then left them for good--I was sad as this is Cole last year ever for EFY

he has went since the summer he was turning 14--he loves itthe yearly pic with the Y in the background

this year covered in snow

after my sonic fresh fruit slush I spent hours just

looking in Hobby Lobby then went to Downeastbasic

clearance center then to http://blickenstaffs.com/
candy store for fun--then had dinner here at


and took pics of my food--I heard about this pizza place and candy

store from some Utah blogs I follow the pizza place gives a portion of each

meal to feed a child in Malawi and I guess the chef and owner was

President Hinkleys chef and while in the candy shop I was told I had just missed

Nie Nie as she and her family were visiting to post on her blog you can read that here


my artichoke/spinach pizza

on Tuesday I drove from Provo to Twin Falls Idaho To see my cousin

Wayne and his family it was a 4 hour drive so not too bad This is Hyrum after he

got into some frosting Marissa had out!!


and the new baby Teagan

Hyrum and Aidan

went for a walk and the temple is just around the block and over from their house so nice

walked the boys to the bus stop the next morning

Aidan and Parker their last day of school

went for a wonderful walk along the snake river
you go across this bridge to get into twin falls and from the

bridge you can see the temple it is very pretty

Wayne, Marissa and their 3 youngest Brenner, Hyrum and sleeping Teagan

Brenner

2 golf courses down there 1 on each side

2nd golf course

we watched some base jumpers

Marissa made a Trek cake for YW

Wayne and Brenner took me to Shoshone Falls

they were huge

lots of people there sightseeing

as the falls are at their highest



the falls area had this great rolling hill that Brenner just ran all the way down instead of rolling!!and there was a large Amish? family with all the boys in blue and girls in red also rolling down

Wayne, Marissa and Boys

after a great Mexican dinner--the Boys outside telling me bye

I so enjoyed my visit there

then a 3 hours drive back down to stay with Denise Tiner!!
I love getting to hang with her each year--here with Karlie

who has just graduated and is living in Salt Lakewe hit all the fun places as usual--DI's, Savers,

Ben Franklin, Taipan and a few new ones

I love my time with Denise I sure miss her not living here anymore!!

We talk nonstop and I keep her up way too late!!
I even got to go to Yoga with her and her bookclub it was so much fun!!


And Travis just finished 11th grade and will be a senior!! He is such a great kid!Then Friday night Christina Jenkins and I got to hang out-we hit the BYU store (she loves the pen aisle as much as me--we decided it must be a japan thing), had Japanese food, went to this roof top concert http://blog.cjanerun.com/2011/06/well-played-trevor-christensen.html and I met cjane which made me happy as I am a blog stalker and didn't see her sister NieNie at the candy store so I was so glad to meet her!!! We also went to 6 redboxes and never did find gnomeo and juliet, did walmart then ended up at http://www.yozoneyogurt.com/ which has the best yogurt I have decided--they had a red velvet and also a raspberry--each to die for!!
She stayed over and We finally went to bed around 2am which made for a long drive the next day but was well worth it!!! I love my time in Utah every summer and will miss it!!

Kurt took these pics while we were driving
the water looked like a mirror

our last 2 hours in Nevada it was 80 degrees--then we hit Boomtown and rain and the temp dropped to 46 and lots of snow on the mountains wild huh!! we had rain till we got to Auburn

within the hour we got home Cole friends showed up on these mini street bikes


I guess they missed him!!

No comments: