Monday, September 21, 2009

I know I kinda forgot I had a blog but now--I am going to wrap up our Ponca City, Oklahoma trip

July 31st and Aug 1st, 2009
Cole in his Fly gear
Ron was over trying to help Dad Stewart
with his generator!!
Off to race
this gate guy took his job very serious--he
told all the guys do not jump my gate I will find
you and disqualify you and he meant it!!
Yes that is Malcomn Stewart and his Dad in
the background
After the races they bought a pipe for the 125
and put it on for the mains the next day
Cole is trying it out
I spent alot of time here doing Cole's wash

all the little white marks in this arm are new
they came daily from getting roosted
this was Saturday for the main events--
Cole made 3 out of his 4 main events--the only
1 he didn't make is cuz he lost a clutch
on the line before his 1st race (his best division)
where he took off
great but got ran right into from people
from the other side of the gate and the crash was
so bad it took out 6 of the riders--1 of them was Cole
I was right there saw it happen but knew
it was bad when Ron started running full
speed to Cole--he did crawl off the track
very slowly---he didn't get the worst
of it though--he was so dazed we weren't
sure he would be able to race his other 2 races
and we told him he didn't have to
we could head to Missouri right then
he asked us to set up the cot and he rested
I bought the pictures of the crash
and will have to scan them in later
He decided he wanted to finish his races but he
took it easy--as he was really sore especially his hip
I tried to catch Ron patting him on the back--
giving him the your ok you can do this buddy
after it was all over--I think he even has
dirt in his belly button
This car was there everyday keeping us informed
of the weather to come
All loaded up to head to Missouri
But first the awards ceremony
after that crash-Cole did trophy in 1 main event
letting me take a picture--he was so ready
to sleep the pain off--during a 6 hour drive
to Missouri to our cousins house!!!

No comments: