Twilight - what did you think?Well I was very entertained. We (Kira, Joe and I no Cole wouldn't go) traveled to Washington State to see the movie with Rachel (well & to see Kyle & the grandkiddles) but we knew she would enjoy seeing it with us as we have all read the books. We thought about going to forks the next day but that is a 4 hour drive from Kyles and we had already driven 11 1/2
so here is what i think
First - Stephenie Meyer is a great writer and her books are very complicated. I think translating that to the big screen can be difficult - there was so much detail that could not be covered in the movie and if it had been it would have lasted for four hours. I thought it was just long enough.
I think those of us that have read the books appreciate the movie more than those that have not read it.
I guess After the premiere of the movie there were several negative comments about the actors and actresses and how their acting lacked emotion...wow, have you ever hung out with a teenager for any length of time? (I have one lots of looks and grunts)
They are NOT complicated human beings yet, (they may THINK that they are) they are at their simplest. Teenagers may be confused, and that is exactly what came across in the movie.
It was pretty cool seeing all the areas where we had been driving!
There were a bunch of shots of the Columbia River Gorge.
The one where they are in the top of the trees is amazing.
My grandparents front porch looks out on the Columbia and
I spent many hours sitting out there looking at the blue water
every summer and holiday when i still lived at home.
I liked the The Cullen family. Carlisle was a little too pasty white for me.
I really liked Alice and loved Jasper's hair.
Edward, was so much better than I expected as I
didn't think I would like him from the previews.
I really didn't like James he was so creepy to me which works right.
I liked that Victoria was wearing the guys
Kiss Me I'm Irish shirt after killing him.
And in the end----hello it is just a movie

No comments:
Post a Comment