Saturday, January 12, 2008

Storm of the Century??

Our RoofWith a hole in it
So we have been having problems with our nice tile roof the last few years.
The squirrels have discovered that if they drop the pinecones onto the tiles
they open up quite nicely and the squirrels can get the goodies right out of them.
That way they don't get chased by our dogs like when they drop them onto the
ground. So they have broke quite a few tiles as we have some really big
pinecones and they fall a very long ways so they really build up some
nice speed and break the tiles right into pieces. So then they break
or shift and we get water in the attic. Ron has had to repair that by putting
regular shingle up on our roof in certain spots till we can
replace all the broken tiles etc and everything has been fine till
the big storm. Well Ron got on the roof and found a big hole--
the wind had blown tiles from our 2nd story onto our 1st story and
broke the tiles causing a big hole in our roof so that explains the lovely
tarp on our house that will stay there till summer when we can do
more repairs!!! I am hoping it keeps the squirrels away and if so I
may keep it there forever! HA! I know it looks tacky but really
have you ever even seen a tarp that big??? No I didn't think so and the
fact that ron tied it down with pink string I think I may leave it up there forever!!!

1 comment:

MamaLouise said...

You must post a picture of the tarp. I'll probably never drive up to see it so please post a picture. I'm sorry about your roof...just another major expense.